Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wrapping it all up

As I think back all the way to September, it is so amazing to think how much the students have grown and transformed. It is really amazing at all the many accomplishments that they have been able to do as they have learned and played each day. As the students go off to Kindergarten it is still important to remember that they are children and need time to explore and learn through various projects and play. As I move to Kindergarten myself next year, I am looking forward to growing and changing even more with some of the students that I have had in Pre-k, and with the many new faces I will encounter. Even though Kindergarten is different, it does not mean that students should not have play time, and time to explore their learning through observation and projects. Remember as you go into the summer months to continue to give your child experiences that help them learn and really listen into what they are saying. One thing that I have really learned to do this year, is listen. When you take the time to listen to a child you really can learn so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment