Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Painting like Van Gogh


It was interesting to me as I came across a book that I purchased from the book fair, yesterday. The title of the book is called Vincent Van Gogh's Cat. The book was created and illustrated by a second grade class.  As I was looking through the pictures, I thought that I would like to try this type of painting with my own students. Earlier in the school year, we studied Pablo Picasso and how we could create different images of our own faces, through his artwork. As a teacher, I feel it is really important to expose students to all types of artwork. It allows them to express themselves in a way that is creative and at the same time they are learning.  It was amazing to see how interested the students became as they created this art work. They will continue to work on these in the class. Another great thing is that if you go to the website, http://www.squidoo.com/kids-study-art-van-gogh, it shows a lot of his art work. Another great place to visit in the city is the MOMA. Enjoy the paintings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment