Thursday, April 28, 2011

An exciting day back!

Welcome back families. I hope you had a very restful, enjoyable vacation. I can't believe that we only have 43 days left until the end of the school year. As I came back yesterday I was wondering what the children's discussion would continue to be about. I was amazed at how they continued to observe plants, and even worms. They also were very excited because the caterpillars were returned and had turned into butterflies. The discussion led to wheather or not we should keep them in the classroom, or we should set them free. Most of the students wanted to keep them in the classroom so we could observe them for a few days. I am really excited to see where we go with the learning that is going on and can't wait to see if we continue with this unit of study. Also thanks again for the bottles, as we will use them to create mini greenhouses outside in the garden. If you have any ideas about what else we can put out there or donations, feel free to let me know. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment