Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Exploring our classroom

Exploring writing mateirals
As I watched the students looking and using materials today, I was thinking to myself that they need so much direction and control when it comes to using materials and working with them. However I was amazed to see how they were able to use the materials when given the freedom to explore a little more on their own. Often I feel that students are restrained to so many rules; which yes are important but at the same time they need time to explore and learn on their own in some ways.
A. and J. use puzzles and work together to help each other out!

Observations at the light center
Today we were able to explore some learning centers, do a math activity today, and have free choice to write about what was important to each student. Students have begun to open up and I am really interested to see what they do in the next few weeks. I have even begun to overhear some possible projects from ocean creatures, to insects. It is so exciting to see where this leads us!









No comments:

Post a Comment